Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Placement!

Note: This post is for May 18, 2012

After I completed everything required of me during the nomination phase, I waited many months.  There were many moments where I have told myself, and others, that I started to reconsider this whole thing.  I have told my family and others that maybe I would not really go, and that I would just continue with this process and see how far it would take me.

But I received an email from the Placement Office informing me that I have moved into the next and last phase of the application process.  It is through this office that they determine if they can find a country who would be interested in me.

Note that the Peace Corps DOES NOT actively seek out countries to place me, but rather, wait “passively” for those countries to request volunteers, then they match them with the volunteers who have made this far in the application process.

Anyway, the placement office issued yet more essay-like (but a light one this time) questions for me to answer.  I promptly submitted my responses, and they said I will need to wait until they find a placement for me.

It is at this point of the process, the fourth phase, where the Peace Corps got every information they could squeeze out of me. It took 9 months for us to reach at this point

No comments:

Post a Comment