Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Invitation Packet

Note: This post is for June 18, 2012

My daughter Amanda paged me stating that my invitation packet arrived via UPS.  She was willing to hand-deliver it to me at Camp Willard, bless her heart.

In it, there were my assignment information, along with yet bunch of forms and tasks that I have to do, jeez.  When will it ever end?

In any case, it stated that I will be going to Kenya with a departure date of October 1, 2012.  I will be actually flying into Kenya on the 3rd after staging somewhere.  My training will be October 3, 2012 through December 14, 2012.  My service will run from December 15, 2012 through December 14 2014.
I must respond with my acceptance or denial within 7 days.

My heart went MIA.  This is for real.  My mind almost ceased to function.  I started to talk with my family and close friends.  I got mixed messages from them as reality hit them.  So I decided not to do anything until I finish my work with Camp Willard.

2 comments:

  1. im sure this is a VERY big moment

    i really admire u for pursing this journey at this time in ur life.

    lots of us just live and let life carry us but sometimes some folks DECIDE and create moments as opposed to having the moment define or confine them. really super thrilled and THANKFUL u have chosen to serve peace!

    have several friends who have done the peace corps and they all LOVED it and have no regrets - most important thing they have done in their lives so again to u i say KUDOS and G-d speed on ur journey.

    thank u also for taking us along on this leg of ur trip with ur tweets about the process and decision making

    u r a gem of a soul and i aint even met ya but forever grateful for ur vlog on the geese and ur tweets on HB 1367 and ur choice to SERVE humankind with a true commitment to "being there" - the kids in kenya r blessed to have u and u them.

    living a life worth living - u be

    oh and gratitude to ur family - sharing our loved ones across oceans is not easy ; )

    peace

    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, thank you for your kind words. I do what I can, and I try do my best when I do what I can.

    ReplyDelete