Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nomination!

Note: This post is for November 7, 2011

After responding to the recruiter’s follow up questions (yet more essay-like responses), I was left waiting for several weeks until I received a nomination notice from my recruiter.  It was an honor to be considered by the Peace Corps, and at the same time, I felt thrilled to have made it that far.  It is at this phase where Peace Corps screen out thousands of applicants to nominate the remaining applicants to proceed to the next phase.
The recruiter nominated me to the Peace Corps Headquarters in Washington D.C., that I be considered as a secondary education math teacher  to serve in a country in the Sub-Saharan Africa, with a tentative departure date of July 2012.

I asked the recruiter why he considered me as a math teacher especially when I am not even a teacher.  He said that he believed with my experience working with deaf children and with my list of skills, he wants me in the education school system, and I can figure my way through.  Alright, I will do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment