Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Medical/Dental/Vision/Legal

Note: This post is for December 13, 2011.

There were so many appointments I made in such a short time frame.  I had to make several appointments with my doctor, labs, dentist, vision, etc.  There were many forms to complete by me, and by the doctors.  The Peace Corps are VERY strict about accurately completing them.

It was unfortunate that I do not have my immunization records with me nor with my current doctor because I moved several times (NY, PA, DC, NY, IL, IN).  My records did not keep up pace with me.  So I was required to take “titer” blood tests to test my immunity against so many diseases.  I had my arms pierced several times, and bloods drawn for like 7 test tubes.

I had to have full panorama x-rays taken of my teeth and examined by a dentist too.
Unfortunately I am uninsured; I paid for them out of my pocket.  The Peace Corps reimbursed me only at a small but fixed amount.

It took me almost a month to square this stuff away.

No comments:

Post a Comment