Monday, February 11, 2013

Typical Saturday Routine


Since I was going into Karatina town for my routine once-a-week shopping and lunch with meat, I decided to shop for some extra items for those kids I chose that had only measly possessions.

Calculator         750/=
2 Wristwatches  400/=
Girls Shoes      1700/=
Boys Shoes      1400/=
Boys Sneakers   700/=
2 Underwear      290/=
Athletic Shorts   250/=
Total                 5490/=   ($62.73)

Total Value of Smiling Grateful Kids - Priceless.

Note: the Student Fees Deposit Slip was to deposit 14270/= ($162) which pays for one student entire year of school fees (except for 2160 balance which I personally covered).  I facilitated this payment from a student's sponsor.


I need to be carful not to single out a student and show favoritism. I chose only those that are truly poor and unable to obtain basic necessities, and gave them in private (but of course it wont be private for long).

Many of you have asked how you can contribute.  I am working with two trustworthy students (female and male) and will come up with a list of items (ranging from personal to school necessities).  Then I will ask Adreine to coordinate a contribution project where people can contribute items (old but good condition, and new, and even money if you wish) and have them shipped to us.  More information on this will be posted at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment