Tuesday, December 25, 2012

HDR Fix!

Now that my ol' faithful iPod Touch got stolen from my home.  I did not lock my home as I was simply gathering firewood around the school property.  I doubt I misplaced or it fell out of my pocket, but thats always a possibility.  So now I lost my quick-n-dirty camera with it, I finally got my favorite Nikon dSLR camera that served me so well.  So, with Christmas Day today, after running 8 laps on a "soccer field" (red dirt with overgrown weeds) at a nearby school field, I felt recharged to start my photography again.

A self-portrait of me by my humble adobe.  Don't I look like a red-neck Kenyan?  Well, maybe if I get more thinner and tanner, I would pass as a light-skinned Kenyan.


The photos below (all of them) are done using High Dynamic Range (HDR) technique.  They all require at least 3 photographs of different speeds, then they are merged in post-processing to bring out dynamic photographs.  

This is the stairway to heaven, well, actually my stairway from my home up to the school.  The steps are not even and made of stone.


I have many banana trees around my home.  I will see about chopping the bundle in photo below and have them.


Reverse view of the stairway, from the school down to my home.


The school dining hall where all students (not staff) eat their meals.  They all line up by the trap doors in the back with their plates and cups.  Food are pretty much "spooned" or "splashed" on their plates.  They drink chai (boiled cow milk with tea).


This is the canteen. I am not sure what they sell, but I am pretty sure they do not have M&Ms or Kisses for my pleasure.


The view out from the main building. The flag pole circle is where student assembly are conducted every morning.  Also I hear, discipline are performed during that time as well.  I will see if they still practice corporal punishment.


This building is where I will teach.  Classrooms for Form 1 (Freshman) and Form 2 (Sophomore) use this building and another one below it.  Older classmens go to another building further up on the hill near the main building.


Our hearing cows (e.g., hearing dogs) give the school their milk, as well as provide lawn mowing service.


Opposite of the field, viewing the soccer field (yep, thats soccer field). Mount Kenya is beyond the main building, but its covered by the clouds.  One day I will take good picture of the peak (snow covered).


School library.  I guess they havent figured out that being Deaf is in itself silence, and we do not need to be silent. 



Boys Dorm area.  Two buildings housing like 150 boys.  They all are crammed in with bunks.  Girls Dorm area are at the opposite end of campus (not pictured yet).  Lots of clothes lines for the boys to hang their laundry (yes they wash their own clothes).


Boys' choo and wash basins.  Yep they are outside in the open, rain or shine.


Boys bath house -- boys bring their own buckets of water, enter a booth, take their bath, then let water drain to the gutter against the wall.  No running water in these booths.


The classroom building on the lower hill opposite the dining hall.  The stairway to my home is on the left.


No comments:

Post a Comment